I’ve got a 2007 Chevy 1500 classic 4x4 4.8l V8. While dri...

Q: I’ve got a 2007 Chevy 1500 classic 4x4 4.8l V8. While driving down the road the check engine oil level message displayed on the da

asked by on November 07, 2017

While driving down the road this evening my check engine oil level message displayed on the dash. Immediately the pickup died and I steered it to the shoulder. I checked all levels of all liquids and everything was good including the oil. Now my pickup won’t start. I did however get it started back for about 5 seconds then it died again.

For some models, the low oil level sensor will interrupt the fuel pump if the level sensor detects a low oil level. Of course, in your circumstance if the level on the dipstick is correct the level sensor and/or the circuit is probably malfunctioning. The underlying fault can be diagnosed in an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and if you request that service the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. As a part of that diagnostic, oil pressure might have to be checked as well. It just depends on what the factory wiring diagram for your vehicle shows in terms of "interrupt" capability if low oil level OR low oil pressure is detected (or, as appears to be your case, if these data are misreported to to ECU/PCM). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.