Q: Throttle position sensor - loose connection? 2012 Ford Fusion

asked by on November 25, 2016

Driving, the throttle control wrench lights up, the car stays on but there is some hesitation but, no excelleration. I turn vehicle off, starts right up, light remains off, and it's back to normal. Happened twice in about 2 weeks.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - yes, it is possible that the electrical connector for the throttle position sensor has a loose or poor connection. It is more likely that the throttle position sensor is failing. It has redundant circuitry, which accounts for some of the "electrical reset" behavior you see by shutting the engine off, then re-starting. I would recommend an inspection of the throttle system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr