Q: AWD light stays on and I just had all 4 tires changed by a mechanic.

I just had all 4 tires changed by a mechanic and after driving for about 5 minutes the "AWD Lock" comes on .... then after 30 secs or a minute it switches to the "AWD" permanently. Tire pressure OK (33PSI). No codes on my reader. New battery. 2011 Nissan Rogue S

Hi there. The AWD light is coming on for the sensors on the wheels are picking up different tire rotational speeds. If you are putting on used tires and not new tires, then you will need to check the tire tread depth and make sure that they are within 4/32’s. If you are putting on new tires, make sure that the tires are the same size and that the tires have the same amount of tread depth. If the tires are all the same, then the wheel sensors could be malfunctioning and need replaced. If you need further assistance with your AWD light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. AWD light stays on and I just had all 4 tires changed by a mechanic.