Q: car cutting out in low gears on stopping, traffic lights and junctions

ive had the idle valve and pipes replaces, oil & filters changed/cleaned, new spark plugs, new front brakes, anti roll drop bar replaced but the car keeps cutting out when I slow down and press the clutch and brake together, also the battery light flashes on every now and again whilst im driving it but the battery is also brand new.

Hello. This is often times a sign of a failing mass air flow sensor. As you may know, this is a unit that monitors the air flow into the intake as it is mixed with the fuel prior to being injected into the motor. It relays this info to the car’s computer which then tells the fuel injection system how much more or less fuel to introduce to the motor. When this is faulty, this will cause inaccurate fuel trim adjustments to be made resulting in the car cutting out as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose the stalling problem and replace the mass airflow sensor if verified faulty.

• car cutting out in low gears on stopping, traffic lights and junctions