Q: 1998 blazer won't start half the time

Turn the key motor turns over fires for a little bit then dies , only dose this after sitting for about 6 hours or more but dosnt always do it. (New fuel filter ,fuel pump relay) now after I kept trying to start it (stupidly). Starter won't engage put new battery on it thinking battery was to week to crank. Still nouthing from the start. ( pretty sure I need a new starter but what after that with it not wanting to run ) also when it dose start runs fun Ideas fuel pump or battery being drained out over time

Hi There, It sounds like you may have two issues going on here. It sounds like you may have a fuel pump that may not be generating the necessary pressure when you turn the key to the on position. This is when it should be priming the system with fuel and building pressure. The issue of the starter not engaging may be the result of a faulty starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. 1998 blazer won't start half the time