Q: Trying to swap a 3800 series 2 motor from an 03 impala to an 04 Bonneville will it work

I have a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville and the motor is blown. It was a 3800 series 2 motor. Found a 3800 series 2 motor out of a 2003 Chevy impala. I need to know if the motor out of the impala will work in the Bonneville

Hi there. You might want to consult with a local engine swap mechanic on this one. Since we don’t offer this service to our customers, we try to stay away from giving definitive answers on whether or not engine swaps will work. Usually, the issue is not whether it will fit, but whether it links with ECU, fuel and electrical system along with transmission and other components. We deal in general automotive repair and maintenance solutions; so consulting with an engine swap expert would be a better idea.

3. Trying to swap a 3800 series 2 motor from an 03 impala to an 04 Bonneville will it work