Q: Slight engine vibrations

asked by on October 28, 2016

I have Lexus ES 350 2013 model and I change gasket caused by over heating and valve caused by wrong setting of timing belt. Now everything works but engine has little vibration and want to know if this could create future problems I migh not know

Hello. If the engine is running a little rough after all of this work was done it can be something as small as a vacuum leak or it can be caused by a valve seat that was not installed correctly. I usually do a compression test just to make sure that all of the repairs were done correctly. If they were then I do a smoke test of the intake to see if there are any vacuum leaks. If not then the vehicle may just need to be driven for a while or it may have some bad gas. If you want to have this vibration checked, consider having a YourMechanic certified technician come to your home or office to diagnose what is causing the vibration.