Q: I have a Nissan Rogue rental. All of a sudden the security light is blinking. Car is off and unlocked. Is this normal

I have a Nissan Rogue rental. All of a sudden the security light started blinking. The car is off and unlocked. Is the blinking light normal. Never really noticed it before.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The security light blinks when the vehicle is off to let potential thieves know that there is a system in place to disrupt their intentions. This is totally normal, and if there was an issue with the security system, it would show as a check engine light. The owner’s manual for the vehicle should also have more information on this if you would like to confirm there as well. The light should not blink while the vehicle is on and you are driving. Good luck!

• I have a Nissan Rogue rental. All of a sudden the security light is blinking. Car is off and unlocked. Is this normal