Q: The Abs came on and other brake lights came on in my car. How do I fix my car problem?

I had a flat went to go get my tire tire fixed. Left the place then my car started making a weird noise like I was dragging something. It kinda sounds like a rattle noise that goes and comes. I looked under my car nothing is wrong. Then all of a sudden my abs lights come on and the traction control came on. I just want to know what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals causing the dragging feeling you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

• The Abs came on and other brake lights came on in my car. How do I fix my car problem?