Overheating when low rpm charger v8-5.7l 2007 dodge

Q: Overheating when low rpm

asked by on August 07, 2017

Hi My car start overheating since I turn it on in less that 15 min it start overheating. When the rpm are high the temperature go down. When is no moving temp go higher again. I also hearing some noise that wasn't hear before.

Fans are working It Has coolant fluid No leaks

I was reading some articles. Maybe can be the thermostat. I don't know if this symptom can indicate that. The most estrange is the noise.

Thanks in advance

Hi Yasmany. Symptoms are always a good source of information to begin a diagnosis, but an onsite inspection is always best to correctly diagnose an overheating problem. Generally speaking, when a vehicle is under acceleration, additional fuel is sprayed into the cylinder, which actually cools the combustion chamber. At idle, the engine runs rather lean in order to save fuel. Due to this fact, it’s likely that the thermostat is not opening the coolant to circulate through the motor when it should. However, it could also be the coolant temperature sensor is faulty or the harness connected to the sensor is not relaying information to the thermostat.