Q: Hesitates when accelerating

It feels like it is hopping when accelerating. Could it be the catalytic converter?

A: Hello. This can be caused by the catalytic ...

Hello. This can be caused by the catalytic converter, but that is not too common with this symptom. If there is a hopping feeling, which is similar to a misfire, then most of the time this is caused by a bad spark plug or ignition coil. I have seen the ignition coils fail frequently on this vehicle. I usually check the computer for codes first and if nothing is found then I do a balance test of the engine to see which cylinder is causing the issue. This issue can also occur if the vehicle has not been tuned up in some time. If you want to have this hesitation checked out, consider a YourMechanic certified technician, who can come to your home or office to perform a engine hesitates during acceleration inspection on your vehicle.