Q: Can bad intake manifold blow a head gasket? 2010 Toyota Prius

My prius has a known service bulleton on file for a cold soak issue with the intake manifold. When mh car first had symptoms we thought it was that...we took to the dealer and then they claim we have a blown head gasket. But the engine misfire was not a blown head gasket in the beginning so i am wondering if the intake manifold caused the head gasket to blow.

Hello - it is unlikely a bad intake manifold gasket will cause a blown head gasket on a Prius (different story for GM V6 engines). It is possible that a failing head gasket can cause a misfire over time - coolant can start to leak into the cylinders causing a misfire. The mileage level on your engine is within the range of reasonable head gasket failure. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm the diagnose for this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Can bad intake manifold blow a head gasket? 2010 Toyota Prius