Q: High Pitched Squeal

My car very recently started making a high pitched squeal only in the cold morning, in the first minute of driving, and when I am moving but no gas or brake is being applied. That is the only time it makes that noise. I want to blame it on a cold belt, but I am not 100% sure.

From what you described, this problems sounds like it is likely due to a worn serpentine belt. You may need to have your belt replaced to get rid of the high pitched squeal. If you would like help replacing the belt, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to replace the serpentine belt for you.

3. High Pitched Squeal