Q: Brakes caliper will not grab rotor

New caliper on front left ,new pads both sides,new brake line in back across the cross member for rear. bled system i have fluid all 4 corners but the left caliper will not grab rotor only right side does I can see piston move in and out by watching the pads just no pressure on it why. thank you Russ

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check the caliper for the piston sticking. Remove the pins (bolts that make the caliper a sliding caliper) and put some anti-seize on them and reinstall them. Recheck the brakes to see if the caliper is grabbing. If the caliper is not, then bleed just that caliper until all of any air is out. If there was no air and a solid stream of fluid, then the piston is sticking and the caliper needs to be replaced. If you need further assistance diagnosing your brake system, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.