Q: Catalytic Converter 2004 Nissan Xterra

I just need to know exactly how many catalytic converters are on this model of vehicle.

Hello - there are 4 catalytic converters for your vehicle with the V6 engine. There is one that is part of each exhaust manifold (that’s 2), and one for each exhaust pipe just below the exhaust manifold (2 more). Space constraints seem to have forced this complexity. If you need assistance with this replacement, I would recommend a (catalytic converter replacement](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/catalytic-converter-replacement) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Catalytic Converter 2004 Nissan Xterra