My Hyundai Santa Fe jerks and the rpm needle drops and it...

Q: My Hyundai Santa Fe jerks and the rpm needle drops and it’s like the engines off but it’s still running and you can barely acceler

asked by on September 02, 2017

My Santa Fe will randomly jerk while accelerating and the rod will drop down to 0 and stay there while the engine is still on and I am able to accelerate although not quickly. Afterwards the engine shakes like it wants to die out. Usually a restart fixes it and it kinda works like it should. But I replaced the throttle body thinking that was the problem but it continues. I can potentially upload a video if needed

It sounds like you may be having a fuel system issue. I would recommend having the fuel pressure tested by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.