Q: Can I install different brake pads for the front?

Hi, I got installed metallic break pads for my rear tires. Can i install ceramic break pads for the front?

Hi there. It is not suggested to have different brake pad designs on the front and rear of the vehicle as they may not stop the vehicle properly. I recommend installing the same brake pad type on all the wheels whether it is all metallic or all ceramic. Different brake pads wear out differently and can cause too much brake dust keeping the brakes hot and unable to stop properly. If you need further assistance with your brake pads, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Can I install different brake pads for the front?