Q: Panel lights went dim and radio blinked while driving Oldsmobile Alero

asked by on May 20, 2016

The panel lights went dim and my radio starting blinking when I was driving today. What causes such a thing and can it be fixed?

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I’m guessing when you say the radio light was flashing, you mean it displayed the "lock" message. This is an anti-theft feature GM built into some of their older vehicles. Unfortunately, the radio will go into lock mode, whenever it loses battery power. So to me, it sounds like you lost battery power. If this happened only momentarily while driving, suspect a bad battery or poor battery connections/cables. I suggest you have a professional inspect your electrical issues so you don’t get stranded. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option.