Q: Warning lights and then car died

asked by on February 12, 2016

While driving the ABS light came on, and then shortly after all my gauges went blank except my radio. I was able to pull up an off ramp, and then the car died. I tried starting the car, and all the gauges came back on, but the car didn't even attempt to turn over.

Hello. It sounds like you have a battery and/or alternator issue. In some cars, like the make/model that you have, the ABS light will come on when the battery voltage is low. You will need to get your battery and alternator checked to see which one is causing the problem. It could also be both. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can test your vehicle and make necessary repairs for your Warning Light and starting issue.