Q: Car making weird noise when idling at the red light?

asked by on December 14, 2016

I noticed my car has been making weird noise when idling at the red light. It only happens in the morning when the car hasn't been warm up yet but to stopped making noise once its warm. What could be the cause of this? Could it be my serpentine belt or water pump? I still haven't replace those yet ever since purchasing this car.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. What kind of noise is it? A tick, knock, squeal, screech, whine, rattle, ping, squawk, etc..? There are a lot of possibilities. However, one thing that helps is knowing that it only happens at idle and on a cold engine; this could simply be a belt, but could be more. Before deciding to replace anything, have a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is making a noise inspection.