Q: Car is hesitating upon acceleration

Can I get transmission fluid change and if there is a leak how much is it to generally repair.

Hesitation is not generally caused by transmission faults. With regard to the transmission, if the fluid is "old", it’s a good idea to change the fluid and the filter. Simply request transmission fluid service and the responding certified mechanic will take care of that. Leaks come in all shapes and sizes and the cost to repair depends on the source. The leak source can be pinpointed, and the cost to repair estimated, while the mechanic is changing the fluid.

If you are experiencing hesitation on acceleration, among the possibilities are faults in the throttle position sensor, mass airflow sensor, vacuum leaks, a clogged fuel filter, defective EGR valve or control circuit, and worn out spark plugs and wires. A mechanic would simply investigate these possibilities sequentially and also check to see if any diagnostic trouble codes can be downloaded from the PCM. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine hesitation diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you, too. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Car is hesitating upon acceleration