Q: Car won't start at all

The car will not start. When the key is turned to the start position, I can hear a clicking sound coming from the engine compartment. I have replaced the ignition switch, ignition switch coil, the starter relay in the fuse box, and the starter/solenoid assembly. Everything works fine, the lights, heater, etc work when the key is turned to the accessory position, but the engine will not crank when the key is turned to the start position. At first, the problem was intermittent, but now it won't start at all.

A: Hi. This vehicle has a history with these t...

Hi. This vehicle has a history with these types of issues, like a failing battery and starter, with other owners. The system would need to be checked to see if the battery or starter are not the problems. By doing this, it will eliminate any "smaller" causes that are linked to your description of the issue. If those are found to not be the causes of the problem, then a mechanic can start looking into other issues like the ignition, wiring or anti theft systems. Also, The ignition key linkage could be having a problem turning the ignition switch all the way to the start position which would not allow you to start your vehicle. If any of the above symptoms seem to be present with your vehicle, have a certified mechanic further inspect your starting system to eliminate any further complications.