2004 X type jaguar reading transmission fault will go in ...

Q: 2004 X type jaguar reading transmission fault will go in gear but wont pull off

asked by on August 26, 2017

Car dash reads trans fault will go in gear but want pull off even while I'm on the gas just started a day ago what is the problem

Hi Bo. Jaguars typically have this problem, which tends to be caused by one of two things. First, it’s common for an internal transmission sensor failure to trigger this warning light and the shifting issue. A second issue is due to an internal gasket or seal that has broken. In most cases, it’s best to consult with a Jaguar specialist for correct diagnosis and repair advice, as internal transmission service is unfortunately not something our mobile mechanics offer.