Q: Rough Idle

asked by on August 31, 2017

I have a 2014 Nissan Versa with about 65,000 miles, recently my check engine light came on, not having trouble when car is driving. but when it is idle it is rough and sometimes it will randomly jerk, when that happens it seems like my car has a hard time accelerating for about 3-5 second. However, once I get going and up to speed I have no more issues. Got my oil changed yesterday and the problem remains, any thoughts as to what this might be?

Since the check engine light came on you will want to have a computer scan for stored codes. This may indicate the cylinder that is misfiring or having issues and then further diagnosis on that cylinder can be done to see if it is a bad coil, spark plug or some other issue like oil got onto plug wire boots and causing misfires.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr