Q: Wire came off of starter

A wire came off from the positive side of the starter solenoid at the same place that the positive cable connects from the battery. As a result, the engine has stopped. I cannot find where the end of the 18 inch cable goes.

Hi, if this is a large diameter wire like a battery cable then it may be the cable to the starter terminal. If it is a smaller wire, it may be a memory wire for the engine controls and things like the clock. Please check the starter to see if the wire came off the lug on the side. Look at the starter closely to determine if there possibly any wires that may have come off. Beyond this, take the vehicle to a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose why your car will no long start and to minimize any potential electrical component damage and unneeded expense.

3. Wire came off of starter