Q: How do you adjust the height of a shoulder belt?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you adjust the height of a shoulder belt?

Because passengers and drivers have different heights, there’s no one size fits all solution when it comes to the position of the shoulder belt in your Altima. Nissan designed your car with an adjustable shoulder belt system. This is what you need to do to adjust the belt:

1. Pull the adjustment button outward.

2. Slide the shoulder belt anchor up or down to find the right fit for you.

3. Push the adjustment button back in place.

Tips

• After releasing the button, try to move the anchor point to ensure that it’s locked in place properly.

• Nissan recommends that every driver and passenger adjust the shoulder belt to fit their frame. Otherwise, the seat belt may not provide adequate protection during a crash.