Q: Regularly maintenanced car has progressive power loss - 1997 Toyota Supra

My car is in good condition and I keep it regularly maintenanced at the appropriate intervals. Starting a few months ago, there has been a significant loss of power; it doesn’t want to ‘pick up’ in acceleration and once at a higher speed, it doesn’t want to sustain that speed. I have always used 93 octane for this car. Since this started, it has gotten progressively worse. There have not been any warning lights or any other kind of symptoms. What is causing this and what should I do to get my car back to performing well?

Check the basics - check compression and engine tune. Check for a dirty air filter, dirty fuel filter, proper fuel pressure, clogged exhaust or catalytic converter. A YourMechanic professional can help with the diagnosis of your vehicle’s loss of power issue and make necessary repairs.

3. Regularly maintenanced car has progressive power loss - 1997 Toyota Supra