Q: if I loosen the coupling that connecting the inner tie-rod and the outer tie-rod to the pitman arm while the steering wheel is los

If I loosen the coupling that connecting the inner tie-rod and the outer tie-rod to the pitman arm while the steering wheel is unlock with the key in the auxiliary position; in ordered to get the steering wheel center again would that cause the toe to be out from the alignment?

It had an alignment already but the guys left the steering wheel off center and i waited to long to take it back so I did it myself was wondering if I may have move the toe in doing so. I have been driving it and it goes down the road fine and stays straight when no hands on the wheel.

Thanks in advance Derek

Hi Derek. Thanks for contacting us today. Any time you remove or loosen suspension components, you risk having the suspension fall out of alignment. However, you should be ok, if you completed this step to align your steering wheel and followed the process you’ve described. Assuming that you correctly tightened all bolts to the correct torque pressure, then you should be OK. You should have it checked again if you experience any pulling.