Q: My mechanic says I need a throttle body with a vacuum hose for my 04 mercury mountaineer. I've found throttle bodies but none of them mention a vacuum hose.

I'm not sure if the vacuum on the throttle body is specific for this vehicle or common to this model basically my mechanic said I need a throttle body with a vacuum hose? I've found throttle bodys but none mention a vacuum hose?

Hi there. The best thing would be to check the throttle body that is currently on the engine. If the throttle body has vacuum hoses to it, then you would need to get a throttle body with a vacuum hose. If the valve body does not use a vacuum hose and is electronically controlled only, then you would need to get a throttle body that is electrically controlled. If you need further assistance with finding and replacing the throttle body, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My mechanic says I need a throttle body with a vacuum hose for my 04 mercury mountaineer. I've found throttle bodies but none of them mention a vacuum hose.