Q: P0302 (rear rotor misfire) and CEL not going away

Hey, the CEL keeps popping up at around 8k rpm and i dont know why. I hooked it up to my scanner and it still says P0302 cylinder 2 misfire. I changed coils plugs and wires and it still keeps happening. Im not experiencing any loss in power or anything, its idling smooth but the damn light wont go away and blinks when i rev it high. Its got me really worried, any suggestions on what i should do next? Thanks, lukas

Hey there. Your engine is misfiring but not until your engine is at high RPMs. The cause can be that you are not getting enough fuel or spark to the cylinder. You should have the engine cleaned of carbon, clean the injectors or replace them, make sure you are using high quality coils, wires, and plugs. All of these items can cause these problems. You should also clean the mass air sensor with cleaner to make sure the vehicle is not running too lean. For help having the Check Engine Light cleared, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose and repair the cause of the code.