Q: Can a faulty Pcv valve cause catalytic converter problem

asked by on November 05, 2016

Using excessive oil . It is not leaking. Car has no power to accelerate or climb Hills.

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Valve Replacement $82.70 - $485.95 Get a Quote

As you may know, a faulty or clogged PCV valve may cause the engine to consume oil due to a lack pressure relief. This may eventually cause problems with the catalytic converter as well due to the car’s inability to expel the exhaust gases properly. i would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your PCV valve problem.