Q: Brake squeaks when reversing

I took my car to the auto shop to change my brake pads few weeks ago. After they changed my brakes, I noticed my brakes began to squeak when I put it in reverse. I took my car to them again and when I took it back it didn’t squeak but the sound came back after a few days. It makes a high pitch whistling noise. It happens when the brakes are cold and only in reverse.

A lot of times new brake pads will be the type that are metallic and will have small fine metal particles built into the pads that will make noise when first apply brakes in the morning and most times is due to the most inexpensive pads were used. I would recommend using a better type pad that should improve the problem but still make noise sometimes. There is not a problem and the noise you have should go away after a few weeks of driving once pads seat into the rotors and form a natural glaze on them to prevent rust to form overnight causing the noise.

3. Brake squeaks when reversing