Q: The break lights are working. Still stuck on park.

asked by on November 09, 2017

The break lights are working when break pedal is being pressed. My gear shifter is still stuck on park.

The shift interlock is controlled by the rear control module and besides brake switch there is also other inputs needed for the module to release the shifter. You will need to have the system computer scanned for codes and to diagnose the shift lock function. You may have an electrical connection or actuator issue and will need further diagnosis. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you to diagnose the problem for you.