Q: Helicopter noise, steering wheel vibration. Had CV axles and wheel bearing replaced, but the noise is still there. What's wrong?

Helicopter noise is still present after replacing CV axles and wheel bearing. What is the problem?

Hello, thanks for writing in. This sounds like you have tires that are not wearing correctly due to the alignment is not correct or has not had rotations and the tires have high ridges on the tread.

Have the tires checked by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to see if the tread is rough. If you run your hand one direction across the tread it may feel very rough.

If the tires are really rough then they may need to be replaced. After the tires are replaced then have an alignment should be done to check for any problems with the front end alignment or worn components. Best of luck.

3. Helicopter noise, steering wheel vibration. Had CV axles and wheel bearing replaced, but the noise is still there. What's wrong?