Q: Check engine light came on while driving

Check engine light came on while driving. I got a list of problems but I'm still not sure. Couldn't be o2 sensors because it doesn't run up my gas and then when I go up a hill it doesn't affect the car so it's not the catalytic con. But I noticed something weird... When i put my leg to muffler it's not smooth how it used to be? It's like puffs in a way.... Oh and I do have to get a gasket for motor (oil) that's about it. Thank you.

The Check Engine Light is an indicator that something is affecting your emissions in a negative way. This can be as simple as a loose gas cap, to a misfire and many things contribute to the overall emissions output. The Check Engine Light also indicates that a diagnostic engine code has been stored. Reading the codes will help with knowing what system is causing the fault. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to read the codes and perform some tests to determine the exact cause of your Check Engine Light.