Q: Replace throttle body 2010 ford fusion hybrid

I want to replace the throttle body on my 2010 ford fusion hybrid. What are the steps and how do I reset the throttle body position?

Prior to replacing the throttle body, you should go through the Ford diagnostic procedure in the Factory Service Manual for this part to ensure that you do not replace a perfectly good part. The removal procedure is to first remove the air cleaner outlet pipe. Disconnect the electronic throttle control electrical connector. Remove the 4 bolts and the Throttle Body. Installation is the reverse of removal. Do not re-use the throttle body gasket. The four bolts should be evenly tightened to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).

The re-learn procedure involves disconnecting battery ground. Discharge PCM capacitors by touching the positive battery terminal to the DISCONNECTED battery ground cable (do NOT short the battery!!). Reconnect ground. Turn key to "on" position for a minute or so. Then start car. Final adaptation occurs as you drive the vehicle. If you desire that the diagnostic of the throttle body, and replacement only as needed, be performed by a certified mechanic, please refer to YourMechanic’s throttle body replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Replace throttle body 2010 ford fusion hybrid