Q: My car is not starting and does not make any noises while attempting to start

I tried to start my car this morning but it simply would not start. When I turn the key, there are neither clicking noises nor cranking noises. There are no noises at all - it's like the car doesn't even have an engine. My key is able to turn normally and the lights/radio/AC inside the car come on as well. This leads me to believe it's not a battery problem (the battery is 2.5 years old). The check engine light is the one and only light that comes on. There are no security/anti-theft lights that come on. Any information regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hello there. A few problems can cause the vehicle to have a crank no start and they are all electrical.

• The most likely cause of the vehicle not starting is the battery.

• After the battery, the starter, alternator, a parasitic drain, or fuse would be the other possible causes.

A car can turn on the accessories such as the radio and lights but not have enough power to even attempt to turn the engine over. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose this no start fault and perform any necessary repairs.

• My car is not starting and does not make any noises while attempting to start