Q: My car is not starting and does not make any noises while attempting to start

I tried to start my car this morning but it simply would not start. When I turn the key, there are neither clicking noises nor cranking noises. There are no noises at all - it's like the car doesn't even have an engine. My key is able to turn normally and the lights/radio/AC inside the car come on as well. This leads me to believe it's not a battery problem (the battery is 2.5 years old). The check engine light is the one and only light that comes on. There are no security/anti-theft lights that come on. Any information regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hello there. A few problems can cause the vehicle to have a crank no start and they are all electrical.

• The most likely cause of the vehicle not starting is the battery.

• After the battery, the starter, alternator, a parasitic drain, or fuse would be the other possible causes.

A car can turn on the accessories such as the radio and lights but not have enough power to even attempt to turn the engine over. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose this no start fault and perform any necessary repairs.

3. My car is not starting and does not make any noises while attempting to start