Q: I got 150000 on my 2011 sho when should I change my timing chain?

asked by on August 25, 2017

When should I change my timing chain on a 2011 sho?

Hi Robert. Thanks for writing in today. Although it’s vital to change belts and hoses on a regular interval (as they are designed to wear), there is no recommended replacement for a timing chain. In theory, the timing chain should last for the lifespan of the vehicle. However, there are components like timing chain covers, gaskets and front seals that should be replaced before a vehicle reaches 200,000 miles. If you have an oil leak coming from the front of the motor, it’s likely coming from these sources.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr