Q: P2006 Code (Replace Intake Manifold Runner Actuator)

IS THIS SOMETHING THAT WILL BLOW MY MOTOR OR JUST MAKE IT NOT RUN WELL (Can i drive it home)?

My Tucson started to display a Check engine light on my dashboard on my way to work (from cold and 15 minute commute). I took it to auto zone and they told me that it was the P2006 code, I also noticed some sluggishness as well. From research i think it might be the swirl valve but not sure where to locate it on the intake. There seems to be one vacuum line that comes off the sensor and to the IMRC solenoid but that one feels like it is working, there is another line that wraps around to the rear of the intake between the block and the intake that i can not see where it ends. On another note is there a way for me to test the solenoid and the actuator using shade tree style tools (IE no special computer things like you tube seems to have) to figure out the right parts to buy?

A: This will not blow your motor up - it will ...

This will not blow your motor up - it will degrade engine performance however, as you have already noted. The specific code suggests this valve is stuck shut. It may be possible to test this "off the vehicle", but remember it is activated under real-time performance conditions, and test conditions may not adequately duplicate running conditions. If you’d like assistance in diagnosing and repairing this issue, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a Check Engine Light is On Inspection on your vehicle.