Q: my ford explorer throttle body is closed or stuck so the car i wont drive stays on idle?

my ford explorer it wont drive , stay in idle check engine says throttle body is closed or stuck

This can happen for a variety of reasons such as the following:

• Throttle Body Plate Binding
  • Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Motor
  • Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Motor harness is open or shorted
  • Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Motor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

When this happens you should receive a Check Engine Light resulting in a code of P2112 which would indicate that this has happened. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the Check Engine Light definitively and make necessary repairs.

3. my ford explorer throttle body is closed or stuck so the car i wont drive stays on idle?