Q: I have an 05 Buick terraza will drive but when hits 2 ND gear it's like putting it in neutral.

asked by on February 10, 2017

2nd gear seem to be out Wednesday but Thursday morning i drove it and it shifted fine till i slowed down and started over again the trans fluid was low i added a quart before i tested it Thursday morning it was shifting into second from third but don't now. I could drive it in first til it hit 35-40 and skip 2 ND gear and everything drives fine till i slow down again. Is it all the way out or syllinoid and should i go ahead and get it rebuilt?

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. From the transmission being low on fluid and driving the car, the transmission has burned the band that controls the second gear and is now slipping. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission slipping in second gear.