Q: Truck will not go forward. I have replaced the water pump and radiator. It had been like slipping gears for about week and is leaking oil.

Truck will not go forwzrd. Replaced radiator and water pump. Has been leaking either oil or transmission fluid. Can it be a bad gasket r cracked engine block. If so how much to fix

Hi there. Check all of the fluids in the vehicle and see what is low. If the transmission fluid is low, top off the fluid and see if the transmission stops slipping. If the transmission continues to slip, then there could be a problem with the internal parts of the transmission or a pressure regulator that may not be functioning properly. For the engine, look for any external leaks. Most leaks on an engine will come from the valve covers, timing cover, oil pan, freeze plugs (core plugs), the front crankshaft seal, or the rear crankshaft seal (rear main seal). If there is a crack in the block, then something came apart inside the engine causing it to crack the engine block. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the fluid leaks.

Billing question is sent to CS for the cost of repairing the engine and or the transmission on a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 with a V8-6.0L engine.

3. Truck will not go forward. I have replaced the water pump and radiator. It had been like slipping gears for about week and is leaking oil.