Q: New clutch but vehicle just revs when put into gear

i had a new clutch put in about two weeks ago for my son but after the work a mechanic friend did now the vehicle wont engage any gear it just revs up in all of the gears

Hey there. The clutch is self-adjusting and after service the pedal should be pressed five times to set the pedal free travel. If the clutch still does not engage then you may have a defective clutch pressure plate if the clutch slave is releasing it. A local expert from YourMechanic can inspect the clutch and proceed with appropriate repairs as needed.