Q: Car in limp mode, check engine light on

My car has been idling well. However, during driving it is always in the limp mode and I can't get it out of the mode. When I put the car into second gear, the dashboard starts showing the check engine light illuminated. I tried replacing the parts according to the troubleshooting guide but wasn't able to change this. What is causing it to be in the limp mode?

In this case you should have an experienced technician look at the vehicle. Limp mode is usually a term used for a vehicle with an automatic transmission which stays in second gear when certain faults arises. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can retrieve the fault codes from the car to see exactly which systems are having trouble.