Q: Car in limp mode, check engine light on

My car has been idling well. However, during driving it is always in the limp mode and I can't get it out of the mode. When I put the car into second gear, the dashboard starts showing the check engine light illuminated. I tried replacing the parts according to the troubleshooting guide but wasn't able to change this. What is causing it to be in the limp mode?

A: In this case you should have an experienced...

In this case you should have an experienced technician look at the vehicle. Limp mode is usually a term used for a vehicle with an automatic transmission which stays in second gear when certain faults arises. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can retrieve the fault codes from the car to see exactly which systems are having trouble.