Q: How many transmission, engine, torque strut mounts I need for replacement?

How many transmission, engine, torque strut mounts I need for replacement?

A: Generally when one engine or transmission m...

Generally when one engine or transmission mount fails, others may fail soon after. When one mount fails, added stress is placed on the remaining mounts to hold the engine and transmission in place. Your vehicle should have 4 engine and transmission mounts in total. If the engine and transmission are moving excessively, other components such as hoses, wiring, and drive axles/cv joints can also have added stress placed on them by the excessive movement. If you need assistance with this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, service your motor mounts as soon as possible to avoid failure of other components.