Q: 1998 Dodge Dakota Keeps stalling and backfires sometimes

I have changed plugs wires fuel pump and sensors and it still stalls and won't start at times but other times it runs fine.

Hi there. You may have a bad or contaminated mass air sensor or a leak in the air tube between the mass air sensor and the throttle body. Have the computer tested for codes and check mass air sensor readings for altitude you are at and compare to proper reading for the altitude and replace the sensor if it is not correct. If you would like to have this looked at, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling issue and let you know what repairs are needed.

3. 1998 Dodge Dakota Keeps stalling and backfires sometimes