Q: P2107 - 2005 Ford Freestyle

Engine safe mode

A: Hello. P2107 is the code for an issue with ...

Hello. P2107 is the code for an issue with the vehicle's throttle control module processor. Basically, the computer has detected an issue with the vehicle's electronic throttle body and has put the vehicle in safe mode.

The throttle body is the component through which air enters the engine for combustion. If there is any issue with the throttle body, it may keep the engine from getting the proper air it needs, which will cause all sorts of performance issues.

A few common causes for that code are a faulty throttle body, a faulty throttle position sensor, or a wiring issue. I would recommend starting out with testing the throttle body and going from there. For an in-depth diagnosis, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to thoroughly inspect the cause of the Check Engine Light and guide with repairs.