Q: My 2005 Impala ls stalls after start up when the engine is warm

asked by on September 30, 2016

My 2005 impala ls stalls after start up when the engine is warm

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This can happen for a variety of reasons, however, one of the most common reasons for this is a unit called an idle air control module failing. This is a unit that monitors the air/fuel mixture as the air comes into the intake of the car’s engine. When this is not functioning properly, this can cause an imbalance in the air/fuel being injected into the motor which can cause the car to idle roughly or not at all. This usually means the car is getting too much or too little fuel or air. For a more precise diagnosis, have a certified technician inspect the stalling issue in person to ensure the correct repair is made.