Q: Whining and chugging

We own a 1993 honda accord dx, we just had the pressure steering hose fixed and now it chugs like it is not getting enough gas or maybe too much. there also is a constant whine we hear when we accelerate. it squeals once after starting up that sounds like a belt. we dont know if this is all caused by the same thing or a combination of things. we have taken it to a mechanic and he says he thinks the chugging might be caused by the TPS. we think the clutch packs in the tranny are going out. the car is also constantly hot after running right above the alternator and power steering pump and the fans rarely come on and when they do they are only on for maybe 5 seconds then shut off and 2 minutes later they come back on. there is also a clicking noise that sounds like something turning off and on constantly. the fans, chugging, whine, and squeal are driving us completly crazy, PLEASE HELP ASAP

Hi there:

It seems that your 1993 Honda Accord might have multiple issues that are causing different symptoms; most likely not related to each other. The whining noise is most likely a loose drive or serpentine belt that needs to be replaced; perhaps the pulleys as well. The chugging issue could be the throttle position sensor, but could also be an indication of dirty or clogged throttle body and fuel injectors that need to be cleaned. The best thing for you to do, before you buy any parts or have service completed, is to contact a local professional mobile mechanic and have them complete an onsite inspection of your vehicle to determine what is causing the symptoms you’re experiencing.