Q: can i temporally get power steering back from a power steering assist fault in a 2011 ford fusion. want to trade in and not fix

I want to know if i can temporally get power steering back with power steering assist fault message. I want to be able to drive it to trade in and no fix it. Am i the only one not covered in the recall.

Hi there. The Power Steering system on your Ford Fusion includes both the normal hydraulic system used for many years now to make steering your car easier, as well as a Power Steering Assist system that augments the regular power steering. If a problem develops with the Power Steering Assist system, it will be deactivated. You’ll see a warning in the message center that reads “Power steering assist fault.” In order to resolve this issue, a warning light inspection would have to be completed to clear the code. However, if an actual fault exists in the system, it would re-trigger the warning light. Since this is a common problem with Fusions, repairing or not repairing the warning light would not impact the trade in value in most cases.

3. can i temporally get power steering back from a power steering assist fault in a 2011 ford fusion. want to trade in and not fix